Male HQ

Questions About Military / Police / Ns - Enlistment / Medical Checkup & Ord Checkup Ffi (Compiled)

Guest Dane

OKAY GUYS I NEED HELP SERIOUSLY!

I am 18 years old and taking A levels in 2 weeks time. But that is beside the point.

I was graded PES B2L3 permanent and Excuse Range because yours truly have some eye problems.

I want to ask these folowing questions:

- Excuse range = no shooting and grenade?!

- Excuse range = combat service straightaway?

- Since i am PES B2L3, I am still required to take my yearly IPPT until i reach 40. (Man, thats 22 years of NAPFA...KNNCCB). But i heard that combat service vocations (assuming that i get one) places far less emphasis on IPPTs and whatnot than those in the combat line. Is that true?

- How is BMT like? For my case? Hahha

Looking forward to it :)

from what i know, or at least when ranges are conducted in BMTC (pulau tekong), excuse range means no firing and grenade. unless you go and see the Medical Officer and get your status cleared which is very highly unlikely.

OKAY GUYS I NEED HELP SERIOUSLY!

I am 18 years old and taking A levels in 2 weeks time. But that is beside the point.

I was graded PES B2L3 permanent and Excuse Range because yours truly have some eye problems.

I want to ask these folowing questions:

- Excuse range = no shooting and grenade?!

- Excuse range = combat service straightaway?

- Since i am PES B2L3, I am still required to take my yearly IPPT until i reach 40. (Man, thats 22 years of NAPFA...KNNCCB). But i heard that combat service vocations (assuming that i get one) places far less emphasis on IPPTs and whatnot than those in the combat line. Is that true?

- How is BMT like? For my case? Hahha

Looking forward to it :)

*Removed, think I could be too outdated* ><

All the best, first for your A's then your NS.

Edited by boyzbe81

"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around." -- Leo F. Buscaglia

• 1 month later...

Hey all. I'd appreciate it if you could answer this for those who went to NS recently.

Ok, I'm about to go into NS soon, and I was wondering if there is any tips that you all could share. Before going into BMT.

What can I do to make it less likely to get into trouble. Like bring Thirsty Hippo, plus those stuff which can make your metal cabinet smell nice.

Or when u are issued with your uniforms on enlistment day (u will get 5 sets), keep 1 set with u and don't wear it for regular training and exercises for the rest of your NS life. use it for parade purposes. Stuff like that. I just want to be prepared and try to avoid any unnecessary or avoidable trouble.

是福不是祸,是祸躲不过,as they use to say.

Also, I'm in PES C9L3, so what can I expect there? :mellow:

Try not to bring too many personal items like Thirsty Hippo etc during ur enlistment day. Maybe after ur first book out then maybe u can see whether u r allow to bring in these items.

It is a gd idea to keep 1 set of new uniform for parade, so tht u will looks gd during the parade. If 4 sets of uniform is enough for u to tahan abt 1 wk in camp, then u can shld be able to keep 1 set of uniform.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

Hey all. I'd appreciate it if you could answer this for those who went to NS recently.

Ok, I'm about to go into NS soon, and I was wondering if there is any tips that you all could share. Before going into BMT.

What can I do to make it less likely to get into trouble. Like bring Thirsty Hippo, plus those stuff which can make your metal cabinet smell nice.

Or when u are issued with your uniforms on enlistment day (u will get 5 sets), keep 1 set with u and don't wear it for regular training and exercises for the rest of your NS life. use it for parade purposes. Stuff like that. I just want to be prepared and try to avoid any unnecessary or avoidable trouble.

是福不是祸,是祸躲不过,as they use to say.

Also, I'm in PES C9L3, so what can I expect there? :mellow:

Since you're PES C9L3, you'll expect a much less shorter field camp period than that in PES A/B BMT, and no SOC (Standard Obstacle Course) will be conducted. Just wondering, do you have any excuses? Like excused range/grenade/RMJ/sun/uniform...

Instagram: vodkabaker

Bring the minimum during enlistment, I am small framed, the first day, they will issue you all the army standards (duffel bags stuffs) and I had a hard time carrying all of it from the training shed to the bunks.

They will teach you how many sets to bring for field camp etc, your field pack will have a packing list. One set will be permanently placed in the cupboard for inspection purposes (am i still right on this?).

seriously, why you want to bring thirsty hippo?

Horrid because they never wash their clothes and put inside? Does your house wardrobe smell horrid by any chance?

Inspection they will check the whole bunk for dust... like those tv commercial, use finger and swipe, and see if got dust. If have, then down 20 (pushups). You will be told what standard things to display for inspection.

U need to place items according to a list given in ur cupboard, so they will inspect whether these items are in correct place and tidy or not. Also to inspect any "illegal" items being kept in ur cupboard.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

I read online, they say otherwise your cabinet will smell horrid after a while. Oh, and for the inspection, what will they check?

Haha it won't smell horrid, just dry your clothes immediately after washing. If you don't store your damp clothes inside your locker, it won't smell bad.

Just make sure you always lock your locker, especially after receiving your rifle.

There is a standard list of items that has to be displayed, as well as a standard method of displaying the items in the cabinet during inspection (stand-by bed/bunk). During normal times, your cabinet can be as messy as you want, you can display all the things you want. But during inspection times, these non-prescribed/non-specified items should be hidden from sight. There is a drawer and covered shelf that will never be checked, so those items can be 'hidden' there during inspection.

皆々様には、御機嫌麗しゅう、恐悦至極に存じ奉ります。

All the best for your BMT!!

Before I sign off... I wanna say... (ord lo) :D

Muahahaha, you have been wanting to say that for a long long time eh, m**my. ^^

"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around." -- Leo F. Buscaglia

1 set display inside locker for bunk inspection(alternatively you can always wear it during lunch, most camps must wear smart4 or long4 for lunch)

1 set for your field pack in ziplock bags, they will be folded and compressed nicely(you will never want to wear it unless it is really emergency)

So you are left with 3 sets which are mostly enough for most 3/4 days outfield training.

Lols.

Your superiors will always be asses and try to make your rifle 'misplaced'.

Then you'd be fxxked over.

What does an 18 year old like you who hasn't even been through NS know?

Generally, use less uniforms so that you dont need to bring home alot. When u bring home a lot, then u have to bring back a lot.

Rule of thumb, use whatever u think can still be used. Shower everyday though. Some guys in my bunk do not shower for one week. That's pretty bad.

Generally, use less uniforms so that you dont need to bring home alot. When u bring home a lot, then u have to bring back a lot.

Rule of thumb, use whatever u think can still be used. Shower everyday though. Some guys in my bunk do not shower for one week. That's pretty bad.

Wear 2 sets a week, wash there, bring home 1 set to wash, dun need to be so clean anyway if u gonna go for alot of outfield

Just because I've never driven a car before doesn't mean I don't know what shifting the car's gear 1-4 is like.

Please lah!

Boy who hasn't been through NS giving advice on NS to others is no different from "the blind leading the blind"!!

Don't anyhow mislead people hor!

LOL.

Since you're PES C9L3, you'll expect a much less shorter field camp period than that in PES A/B BMT, and no SOC (Standard Obstacle Course) will be conducted. Just wondering, do you have any excuses? Like excused range/grenade/RMJ/sun/uniform...

haha the SOC changed le! The new one is child's play LOL

When I was in pes c9l2 bmt at yishun, life was like chalet with a strict time table. Not much phyiscal training. Sergents even scolded us for running down from the bunks. Just need to get used to marching and been scolded for nothing. Oh, they used vulgarities there. Toughest part for me was getting used to staying with other guys with lousy hygiene and inconsiderate habits. Else, its quite a breeze. :)

很多事情 不是誰說了就算

即使傷心 結果還是自己擔

多少次失望表示著多少次期盼

事實證明 幸福很難

我們之間 不是誰說了就算

拉扯的愛 徒增結局的難堪

一百次相愛只要有一次的絢爛

下一次 會更勇敢

When I was in pes c9l2 bmt at yishun, life was like chalet with a strict time table. Not much phyiscal training. Sergents even scolded us for running down from the bunks. Just need to get used to marching and been scolded for nothing. Oh, they used vulgarities there. Toughest part for me was getting used to staying with other guys with lousy hygiene and inconsiderate habits. Else, its quite a breeze. :)

Yishun? Hmm.. I doubt it'll be the same at Tekong, or would it? Haha, inconsiderate habits like what?

i assure you, commanders are not out there to screw or f*** you. XP

im a commander myself and i dont go around looking for recruits with the sole purpose to just make their lives miserable (: if you dont do anything wrong, we wont 'tekan' you. :D

I was a commander in tekong.. Tekong is all about tekan-ing recruits.. haha.. But in the army u dont work alone. U work as a section or platoon. Even if u dont do anything wrong, but ppl in ur section or platoon do, u will still kena punish lor.. ;)

I was a commander in tekong.. Tekong is all about tekan-ing recruits.. haha.. But in the army u dont work alone. U work as a section or platoon. Even if u dont do anything wrong, but ppl in ur section or platoon do, u will still kena punish lor.. ;)

The reason why I disliked my BMT is because I strongly oppose equal misery.

Keep one pair of boot for parade purposes only. Make sure it SHINES!

Heck, it's so clean, you can lick it if you like when you're bored! <-- J/K

How to seek revenge 101: Know him. Befriend him. Make him trust you wholeheartedly. Destroy him. Utterly.

By typing this I fear no one's gonna friend me. :c

3 months is so bloody long :(

Actual BMT is less than 3 mths. When u r going thru the siong training, u will forget the timing and it passes quite fast lah.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Actual BMT is less than 3 mths. When u r going thru the siong training, u will forget the timing and it passes quite fast lah.

during my time bmt was 9 weeks... seem like only 2mths if u count but each day feels like 3 days with all the siong training... hard to endure but once it's over u'll feel good and u dun wanna repeat the experience again...

always remember, stay safe, stay healthy and stay sane NS may be 2 years. you may be able to sacrifice your health, your well-being and sanity for 2 years of glory. but your health, your well-being and sanity stay with you after ORD. for life.

So zell, what you are saying is, be careful and take care of yourself?

• Guest locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
  • Guest locked and unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.