Male HQ

All Discussion About Swimwear & Swimming Trunks (Compiled)

Guest Guest

• 3 weeks later...
Guest justpassingby

hey where do you guys get your swimming briefs? primarily for exercise use. 

i normally get arena but now their colours arent that nice now, they reduced their line by a lot over the past few years.. looking for white base colour or weird patterns haha. tyr sides are a bit too long. so do you guys order online or...?

thanks man.

Guest justpassingby
On 8/16/2016 at 7:16 PM, Guest Guest said:

Try getting AQUX or ARENA -japanese version . Mind you , the trunk are usually short and sexy . Are u brave enough to wear it ? 

haha. nah im not that brave, i prefer something with a slightly higher waist and slightly longer sides so aqux is out. i think it looks nicer and more 'natural' rather than giving off the vibe of trying to look sexy. but that's just my opinion

leaning towards arena, ive always worn arena. only websites i could find were this this and this. there's also the official arena japan webshop and korean arena webshop but the briefs are very limited. and im not that fond of the designs/ colours. either white base, or some other bright solid colour, or some bright weird pattern. but mainly looking for white base. there's some on ebay, just wondering if there's more since i dont love the designs there. (especially the ones with white base)

it sucks because i remmeber a few years ago sunparadise and arena carried a lot of colours. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
13 hours ago, Leanmeat said:

Miss those days when those trunk are sold here. Wanted to try buying Aqux online, but not sure if it feels the same ? Anyone tried?

I have tried on an Aqux swimwear. I do not like it because:

1. It's not tight fitting like a real Japanese competition swimming trunks (e.g. Arena) should be. 

2. It's expensive and does not serve the function stated in item1. 

To me, Aqux is another "handbag" swimming trunks. Nice to look at only. 

On ‎18‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 7:58 AM, bluerunner said:

I have tried on an Aqux swimwear. I do not like it because:

1. It's not tight fitting like a real Japanese competition swimming trunks (e.g. Arena) should be. 

2. It's expensive and does not serve the function stated in item1. 

To me, Aqux is another "handbag" swimming trunks. Nice to look at only. 

I see, thanks for the info, when i look at their pictures, I also have the doubts, cos it dun seem to hold the butt like the jap Arena low competition trunk...

On 11/21/2016 at 6:17 PM, RYdetime said:

Yeah, one pair of Aqux (for the sake of ownership) will suffice. The mainstream Jap brands are still the go-to ones for swimming.

Yeah agree

16 hours ago, sayfirst said:

There's an Arena warehouse sale this week! More details on https://m.facebook.com/arenaswimwearsg

Hope they have the sexy low rise ones?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest swimshort

I have a lot sexy, funky swimwear, but I don't think can wear in public pool, always keep them in wardrobe, u guy have any idea that where I can wear them for swim?

2 minutes ago, DeMarko said:

OMG .. the seller from Carousell told me its allowed and I have bought 2 pairs from him the yellow and the blue ones

What should I wear for swimming?

Proper swimming gear is necessary to ensure a pleasant swimming experience. When deciding to purchase a set of swimming attire, you should first be asking yourself what would best suit your usage and lifestyle needs.

Do you want to engage in competitive swimming or start exercising regularly? Or would you rather just look good on your one-off trip with your friends to Adventure Cove? Are you conservative in your sense of dressing? 

This should guide you in your choice of swimwear. After which, you can focus on the aesthetic appeal - the swimming attire that will look most flattering for your body type. 

1. The One-Piece
For men & ladies

For females, the most popular choice is the one-piece swimwear, which as its name implies is a single piece swimming costume that covers the entire torso of the wearer.

A variation of this, the Burqini is also a one-piece swimsuit. It is often donned by the more conservative as it covers the entire body and head except for the face.

An important one-piece swimwear would be the bodyskin, which is often worn in competitions. The bodyskin hugs the body of the swimmer tightly to increase speed and reduce drag resistance in the water. Similar in design to a diveskin, the bodyskin differs in the material that it is made of; bodyskins are made of lycra-based fabrics while diveskins are often made of neoprene. 

However, certain bodyskins are not allowed in FINA competitions due to a ruling that was passed in July 2009. The new ruling requires men's swimsuits to maximally cover the area from the waist to the knee, and women's swimsuits from the shoulder to the knee.

2. The Tankini

For ladies

A tankini offers similar coverage to the one-piece swimsuit except that it is a two-piece set. This type of swimwear is considered by some to provide modesty closer to a one piece suit with the conveniences of a two piece suit, as the entire suit need not be removed in order to use a toilet.

3. The Bikini
For ladies

The bikini is the typical choice of swimwear for Hollywood stars, the trendy and sunbathers. It is also a two-piece swim suit so in this regard it is similar to the tankini except for the fact that it exposes a lot more skin. 

Two-piece swimsuits like the bikini and takini allow for greater flexibility of style as the wearer can choose to mix and match between various tops and bottoms of different sets. 

4. Swim Briefs
For men

Men commonly don swim briefs to the pool, which resembles its underwear counterpart. They are the default choice of professional athletes or those serious about using swimming as a form of exercise. 

Other casual swimmers enjoy briefs because of the ease of movement it provides, quick drying time and the convenience of being able to wear them under shorts. 

Jammers are similar to swim briefs and are also often worn in competitions. They provide greater leg coverage though at the cost of having more water resistance.

One advantage that briefs, jammers and other styles that do not cover the arms of the swimmer have is providing greater flexibility to the arm. This is especially important for strokes that require broad arm movement. 

5. Board Shorts
For men

Another popular choice especially among teenage boys and young adults would be board shorts. Board shorts are a lot like longer shorts that extend to the mid-thigh. They have now become a fashion of their own, especially during summer in Western countries. They are an all-purpose swim attire that can be worn casually in and out of the swimming pool but is never worn for swimming competitions.

They are designed to dry quickly and are commonly used in various water sports such as surfing.

that's what I thought so as its not a thong nor gstrings nor transparent. its a swimming brief with the pouch at the front. some guys who wear normal type of swimming trunk (brief types) has a bigger bulge and also allowed in the public pools.

the safety guards cannot penalized men who has a bigger bulge, correct ?

On 12/7/2016 at 8:56 AM, DeMarko said:

that's what I thought so as its not a thong nor gstrings nor transparent. its a swimming brief with the pouch at the front. some guys who wear normal type of swimming trunk (brief types) has a bigger bulge and also allowed in the public pools.

the safety guards cannot penalized men who has a bigger bulge, correct ?

No. They cannot. 

The trunks are like speedo type briefs, and should be fine. i used to buy them from Bods back in the 90s and wore them to the pool all the time, and I think the ones then were more brief than the ones you've ordered. 

Love. 

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 6:37 PM, DeMarko said:

Hi Guys out there, I would like to know if these types of men's pop up swimming brief be allowed in our local public pools ?

brand_new_bikini_swim_trunks_for_guys_1472146073_7d60e257.jpgbrand_new_bikini_swim_trunks_for_guys_1472141685_bda0d37e.jpg

Any one knows where to get trunks that has this similar butt effect? Love that line that gets into yr buttcheeks. many trunks have that line, but many stays as a line, only.

• 1 month later...
On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 1:19 AM, doncoin said:

No. They cannot. 

The trunks are like speedo type briefs, and should be fine. i used to buy them from Bods back in the 90s and wore them to the pool all the time, and I think the ones then were more brief than the ones you've ordered. 

Thank you... I have worn it to the pool and so far so good .. yeah ...

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Hummel said:

Any guy in 20s into trunks as well? 23 178 68 c

Please do not post any ad in the main forum meant for discussion.

This is friendly warning by the mod.

The next ad posted in the main forum will get you a warning point.

If you are not sure why you are getting this message go read the rules http://www.blowingwind.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=67&p=814014

GM 

• G_M changed the title to All Discussion About Swimwear & Swimming Trunks (Compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.