Male HQ

Singapore Local News! + Crime & Punishment (Non Gay) (Compiled)

pinkslut

Guest Prosecutor?
7 hours ago, HydroNaut said:

Normally long Jail Term will only goes to those coming from poor background.

This guy is a pub owner, sure born with a silver spoon one. Also dunno who who grandson or son.... Engaging a renown prosecutor to fight the case for him will surely lessen his verdict.

Prosecutor?

• 3 weeks later...

MAN NEARLY DIES AFTER MOVING CCL MRT DOOR OPENED WHEN HE LEANED ON IT

Submitted by farhan on Thu, 03/11/2016 - 10:06pm

circle_line_mrt_door_open_lean_breakdown

On Thursday night (3 November 2016), netizen serverxeon posted on the popular hardwarezone forum that he nearly died after he leaned against the MRT door which opened during a trip on the Circle Line between Buona and Holland.

He uploaded a video of the purported partially opened MRT door on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geWgZ2ngFbk) as evidence of his claims.

When he tried to make a report on this dangerous fault through the SMRT hotline, he found that it was only opened till 6pm and couldn't report the incident.

If this incident is found to be legitimate, this could be a serious breach of SMRT's security protocol which endangers the lives of riding commuters. Coming on the back of 2 serious MRT breakdowns on the Circle Line, the day just couldn't get any worse for beleaguered SMRT Corp.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/circle-line-door-opened-after-leaning-5496408.html

- More at AllSingaporeStuff.com http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/article/man-nearly-dies-after-moving-ccl-mrt-door-opened-when-he-leaned-it
FB: http://fb.com/allsgstuff

Guest Common Sense

One does not simply blame someone else for his or her own mistake. The doors can open if one exerts enough force to push them open as they aren't magnetically locked. That's why there's always the announcements saying not to lean against the train doors.

24 minutes ago, bluerunner said:

All commuters are warned NOT to lean against the train door. :swear:  :doh:

Enough said. 

Yes, i agree.

The door is not a fixed stationary fixation. It is designed to open and close. And this opening and closing is controlled by machinery. Machinery, as many know, can have faults. 

And i do see a lot of people leaning on the doors of the trains, but mostly is due to a packed train. Most people will not actively lean on the door. But, i also see some people will also lean on the door on the opposite side of the platform, regardless of whether the train is packed or not.

Please head the warning of not to lean on the door.

sometimes it's not a matter of choice. Train can be very packed during peak hours and if u happen to be the last one to squeeze in, naturally you will lean against the door when the door closes because there is not enough space.If you don't want to lean against door, you have a choice to wait for next train. But sometimes it can be very frustrating as it is common during peak hours at certain stations to have to let 2 or 3 trains pass before u are able to get in

Guest Goon on the loose

I suspect, the slightly opened door is meant to create enough air ciruclation inside the train.  The management is very considerate to allow such action during the travel.

10 hours ago, bluerunner said:

All commuters are warned NOT to lean against the train door. :swear:  :doh:

Enough said. 

so, that's an excuse to have the doors opened?

Enough said.

This happened again and again...and Malaysia was voted to be the safest country in ASEAN.

Singaporean attacked in Johor: 'It was the longest 10 minutes of my life'

Businessman is attacked by group of more than 10 men after 'accident'

Nov 4, 2016 6:00am

What started as a routine trip to Kuala Lumpur turned into a nightmare for a Singaporean businessman.

Mr Herman Zaidin, 31, was driving home to Singapore alone along the North-South Highway near Simpang Renggam in Johor on Sunday evening when a group of more than 10 men assaulted and robbed him.

The attack came after one of them claimed to have been injured after hitting his motorcycle against Mr Herman's car on the heavily congested road.

During the attack, one of the men even used a spanner to smash his Mercedes Benz's windscreen and hit his left eye.

"There is now internal bleeding in my eye and my vision is blurry.

"I'm very worried, as a doctor told me these's a possibility that my vision may be permanently affected after this," Mr Herman told The New Paper after visiting the hospital yesterday.

He has since made police reports about his ordeal in both Singapore and Johor Baru.

Singapore police and an officer at Simpang Renggam Police Station confirmed the reports.

Mr Herman told TNP he drives to the Malaysian capital almost weekly for business trips.

The highway was congested with bumper-to-bumper traffic as he was driving home his Singapore-registered car at around 11.30pm.

He was in the left-most lane and was about 90km away from Tuas Checkpoint when he felt something hitting the rear of his vehicle.

When he looked at his side mirror, he saw a motorcyclist falling off his bike.

Worried that the rider could have been injured, Mr Herman said he stopped his car.

All of a sudden, more than 10 men, who looked to be in their late teens and early 20s, came towards him on motorcycles and surrounded his car.

Mr Herman said: "They accused me of causing the accident and started banging on my car. They also hurled vulgarities and asked me to step out.

"The rider who hit me also came forward and demanded a compensation. I panicked."

One of the men then took out a spanner and used it to smash his windscreen.

Seeing this, Mr Herman decided to wind down his window to talk to the men.

He said: "I had no choice as my window could have been broken next. I had to talk to them to find out exactly what they wanted."

What happened next took place so quickly that it seemed like a blur now, he said.

"One of the guys unlocked the door and opened it. Then they started to rain blows on me. One guy used the spanner and hit my left eye.

"With one hand, I held on to my seat belt while I covered my face with the other."

The men ordered him to get out of his car, but he refused as he feared they might drive away in it.

Realising that he would not budge, the men ordered him to hand over his wallet containing about S$300 and RM400 (about S$130)

After he gave in to their demands, they also helped themselves to his in-vehicle camera, his mobile phone and its power bank.

ESCAPE

They also ordered him to open the boot from the driver's seat. When he gave in, they took his laptop computer which had been placed there and fled on their bikes.

Mr Herman said he lost about $2,400 worth of valuables.

He said: "I (later) stepped out of my car and when I went to the rear, I saw no dent there.

"I'm sure the accident was staged, for after the biker fell off, he immediately asked me for compensation.

"The ordeal lasted about 10 minutes, but it was the longest 10 minutes of my life."

Mr Herman said he was disappointed that no-one came to his aid.

"The road was congested so I'm sure many motorists saw what had happened. Maybe they thought it was a genuine accident or were just too afraid to step in."

In pain and nursing a badly bruised eye, he managed to drive to the Johor checkpoint. Due to the congestion, he only reached the checkpoint about 1½ hours later, when it usually takes 45 minutes.

He told the immigration officers about what had happened and they referred him to the Malaysian police.

Mr Herman continued his journey home after filing a report.

By the time he got to the Tuas Checkpoint, it was already about 3am on Monday.

There, police and immigration officers saw his bruises and asked him what happened.

They called for an ambulance, but he declined the service as he wanted to go home first to park his car.

Mr Herman only called for an ambulance when he arrived home in the central part of Singapore.

He was taken to Tan Tock Seng Hospital, where a doctor told him that even though he had bruises all over his body, the main worry was his eye.

He now needs to go for further check-ups.

Mr Herman said: "Looking back, I'm lucky that my injuries were not life-threatening.

The men could have stabbed me.

"However, the incident has left me shaken and I don't think I will be driving to Kuala Lumpur anytime soon

. I will fly there instead until I feel brave enough to drive again."

They started to rain blows on me. One guy used the spanner and hit my left eye.

Mr Herman Zaidi on being attacked by a group

NP_20161104_SQROB04-H8X_1431048.jpg?itok
TNP PHOTO: PHYLLICIA WANG

Malaysia safest country in Southeast Asia, 19th in the world

btn_facebook.png
btn_twitter.png
btn_googlePlus.png
btn_linkedin.png
btn_email.png
btn_facebook_mobile.png
btn_twitter_mobile.png
btn_googlePlus_mobile.png
btn_linkedin_mobile.png
btn_whatsApp_mobile.png
btn_email.png

PUTRAJAYA:

Malaysia has been recognised as the safest country in Southeast Asia and 19th the world, in the Global Peace Index (GPI) report for 2016, said Home Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Tun Hussein.

He said this was proof of the dedication, commitment and had work of all quarters, specifically the Royal Malaysia Police and related agencies.

"It includes the commitment shown by trained police volunteers from the People's Volunteer Corps (Rela) and Civil Defence Department," he said in a statement here Thursday.

He thanked the police and all the agencies involved for ensuring Malaysians were able to live safely, in peace and harmony.

Besides this, he said, last year, the overall crime index recorded a drop of 11% compared with 2015, way above the targeted 35% reduction.

The index for street crimes recorded a 40% decrease compared with 2009, thus meeting the target set, he said.

He said his ministry was committed to retaining the ranking this year 2016/2017  by adopting two strategies, the first, beefing up the police with 14,739 more officers and men to conduct more patrolling activities, particularly in the "hot" areas of Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, Johor and Penang, safer than SINGAPORE or Thailand.

The rest of the states would get 24,000 additional personnel in all, he said.

The second strategy, he said, was to strengthen the Community Policing progamme by getting members of the public including from residents associations to participate in crime prevention programmes.

The initiative includes the 4-Personnel Patrolling Team in the "hot" areas as well as Sabah and Sarawak.

"Under the programme, police personnel will conduct patrols together with Rela and Civil Defence Department volunteers in selected areas to reduce the crime rate and in the process ensure that the people feel the presence of the police, even safer than SINGAPORE " he said. - Bernama

malaysia the safest country in asean?? what a joke!

i have posted in another thread about how dangerous malaysia is. i have travelled extensively in southeast asia (work commitments) over the years, and have lived in a few countries here, including west malaysia. hands down, west malaysia is the most dangerous country in southeast asia.

so please guys, don't go there!!! not for the shopping, not for the food, not even for the cheap massages. if you have to go for business, keep your trip short.

stay away to stay safe!

Very likely that the Malaysians see a Spore car plate, and that's it.

Malaysia may not be entirely safe by Spore's standards, but Singaporeans also should understand how others look at us.

With a prolonged period of affluence (money only, nothing else) and arrogance (not all, but many), Sporeans are seen to be victims that no one wants to feel sorry for.

6 hours ago, armitage said:

everyone knows that safety poll is a lie LOL

I rather believe my own eyes than this poll.

Even the police behave like hooligans openly extorting sgreans at the slightest fault.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest My Malaysia Safest Coutry

The Safest Country in Southeast Asia - Malaysia

Eoin Bassett August 24, 2016 ( IMPARTIAL WRITER , Not a Malaysia )
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

My day began in Little India, peering in doorways of crumbling colonial shophouses at sari sellers and stopping for a coffee at the Coliseum Hotel, where Somerset Maugham used to drink. Moving on through Merdeka Square, colonial heart of the city, I found the daily market in Chinatown, where, after some five-flower tea and curry potato puffs, I strolled into the Golden Triangle.

This isn’t the famed smuggling region on the border of Burma, Laos and Thailand.

It’s a plush and modern neighbourhood in the Malaysian capital, Kuala Lumpur. I was in the city to meet expats and get the low-down on life here.

I heard a shout and hurried footsteps as someone ran up behind me. Flight or fight. I turned to face a breathless stranger.

“Sir, you dropped this,” the fellow said handing me a wad of crumpled hundreds notes  ofringgits (the local currency) and waving away my gratitude.

Wow, that's how gracious and honest Malaysians are , they return everything they found.

This for me—along with great food—defines Malaysia.

I’ve travelled all over the country and it’s one of the safest places I have ever been in South East Asia…maybe the safest, even safer than Singapore, Indonesia and Thailand.

It’s certainly the only place anyone’s ever chased me to give me money.

People in Malaysia are gracious, polite and considerate.

They’re also easy to talk with.

They learn English in school, many are fluent and most people have some.

This country’s unique mix of Malay, Indian, Chinese and western influences has created a tolerant and fascinating society.

In Penang, a one-hour flight from KL, which costs as little as $30 for a round trip ticket—I was looking for ocean-view rentals.

I found them, and Aussies renting them for as little as $400 a month.

Every local I met was happy to talk, point me in the right direction and tell me where—in their opinion—I would find the best food on the island. With the best mix of street food in Southeast Asia, cuisine is a topic that gets people’s blood up.

The concerns we all have about going abroad dissolve in Malaysia.

Despite decades of travel experience I still get anxious about catching the right train or bus. But in Malaysia it was worry-free.

Exploring Kuala Lumpur on the city’s ultra-modern lightrail system was easy.

And the two-hour trip south to the old port of Malacca was on one of the most comfortable buses I have ever experienced and cost just $4.42 one-way.

Healthcare here is excellent, comparatively even better than its neigbhours.

You’ll find doctors trained in Australia, the U.K and the U.S.

I met with expats who had nothing but good things to say about their doctors and any who had spent time in hospital gave five-star reviews.

That’s another thing. Yes, the local people are great but you also have loads of expat friends to make. Australians, Irish, Brits, Canadians, Americans, French…

I remember a particularly fun evening with IL Malaysia Correspondent Keith Hockton, hosted by the International Women’s Association.

In fact, I remember lots of fun evenings in Malaysia with all sorts of expats, from all walks of life. It’s that kind of place.

Here you can join a country club for a fraction of the cost back home.

In fact, they’re so reasonably priced you can afford to join a few.

Sign up to a gym and take classes, get a dining club together or find some travel buddies and use the low-cost flights to explore Bangkok or Phnom Penh.

Or just sip a few cold ones in Shamrocks Irish Bar on the promenade in Kota Kinabalu—gateway to Malaysian Borneo—its owner is an Aussie expat.

You’ll have the funds you need to have fun because the cost of living in Malaysia is so low.

And you’ll easily find the friends to have fun with.

One final thing, you’ll laugh… People here have a good sense of humour.

As I rushed for the plane the last time I left, the taxi driver passed on a local proverb: “To truly love your wife, leave her alone every once in a while.” Good advice indeed.

We must all stay vigilant, regardless be in at home (Singapore) or overseas. Notice how many people take things for granted and are not alert, especially to their surroundings.

@bluerunner - driving a Mercedes may not be worse off than a Toyota Harrier, I mean, in the eyes of the those thugs/robberies/thieves -  they love Harrier more than Mercedes! Lol.

It is definitely a very unfortunate incident for him. Hope his eye/vision will be fine soon. :)

By right, there is security feature through sensor detection where the train will slow down when a door is not fully closed (something struck in between the doors,etc). In this case, there is some malfunction definitely. This security feature applied to lifts as well anyway.

Guest ardunos

Are people even for real? From what I remember the doors on the CCL (and the DTL) are meant to open in such cases so as to prevent items (or even clothing) from being stuck when enough pressure is applied. It is a design feature, not a fault.

There was a similar case in the early days of the CCL's operation about this that went up the news - when an equally idiotic person did the same thing.

I wouldn't even claim that this is a case that 'man nearly dies'. In fact this case is a case where Darwinism just failed to work when appropriate. A pity, really.

• 1 month later...

Another sad day for good-lookers

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/stockbroker-fined-2k-for-kicking-football-against-boys-legs-three-times

Stockbroker fined $2,000 for kicking football against boy's legs 3 times

I0BwaFX.png

SINGAPORE - A man was fined $2,000 after kicking a football against a nine-year-old boy's legs three times to teach him a lesson.

Keith Tan Chee Siang, 36, was upset because the boy had earlier kicked the ball which accidentally hit his own young daughter and caused her to fall off her skate scooter.

On Tuesday (Dec 6), Tan, a stockbroker, was also ordered to pay $108 compensation to the victim after he admitted to hurting him at an HDB void deck in Bukit Panjang.

District Judge Salina Ishak said Tan had over-reacted and his actions had caused injuries to the victim.

"As an adult and parent, you ought to have set a better example and not take the matter into your own hand," she told him.

Deputy Public Prosecutor Chew Xin Ying said that on May 25, 2016, the victim was playing football with his friend when he kicked the ball in the direction of Tan's six-year-old daughter, and accidentally hit her on the shoulder.

As a result, she lost her balance, fell off her skate scooter and started crying. Tan pacified her and she subsequently stopped crying.

Intending to teach the boy a lesson, Tan told the boy to pass him the football. He told him to stand still near the wall of the void deck, which the victim did.

Standing 3 to 5m behind the victim, Tan placed the football in front of him and kicked the ball against the victim's legs three times, hitting him on his legs each time.

After every kick, he would ask the victim to pass the football back to him.

DPP Chew said after the second and third kicks, he had asked the boy "pain or not'' but the victim did not reply.

He was scared and nervous even though both his legs hurt.

Tan then walked away without checking on the well-being of the victim.

A second charge of doing a rash act to endanger the personal safety of others was taken into consideration in sentencing. Tan had kicked the football which missed and hit the wall. It rebounded and hit the victim's face, causing him to suffer bodily pain and resulting in a nose bleed.

The boy's mother made a police report that evening.

Tan's lawyer Tan Chee Kiong said his client's daughter suffered an abrasion after she fell off the skate scooter. He said Tan was upset and was genuinely remorseful for having committed the offence on the spur of the moment.

He said Tan had certainly learnt his lesson and realised that he should not have taken the matter into his own hand.

Tan could have been jailed for up to two years and/or fined up to $5,000 for causing hurt.

• G_M changed the title to Stockbroker fined $2,000 for kicking football against boy's legs 3 times

Handsome face. Broad shoulders. Seems like he's got bulging chest. Why is he sweating on his neck area with one button unbuttoned for court appearance? Also apparently there is another post on him on another thread that featured another good looking person maybe the moderator can merge these 2 threads together.

Omg.. what an ass.. yes agree u might b angry w e boy for what he did, but as a human being u r not supposed to hit someone even by using a ball.. who is he to do tt.. shd fine him more..

For those who thinks he's hawt, maybe you should read the story first instead of just looking at his pics....

Deputy Public Prosecutor Chew Xin Ying said that on May 25, 2016, the victim was playing football with his friend when he kicked the ball in the direction of Tan's six-year-old daughter, and accidentally hit her on the shoulder.

As a result, she lost her balance, fell off her skate scooter and started crying. Tan pacified her and she subsequently stopped crying.

Intending to teach the boy a lesson, Tan told the boy to pass him the football. He told him to stand still near the wall of the void deck, which the victim did.

Standing 3 to 5m behind the victim, Tan placed the football in front of him and kicked the ball against the victim's legs three times, hitting him on his legs each time.

After every kick, he would ask the victim to pass the football back to him.

DPP Chew said after the second and third kicks, he had asked the boy "pain or not'' but the victim did not reply.

He was scared and nervous even though both his legs hurt.

Tan then walked away without checking on the well-being of the victim.

It's much discussed in hardwarezone forum...with a few who known him came in to say some neutral comments. In the end...overall views is he shouldn't try to physically punish the kid ...even considering some details eg getting the kid to face forward so only back is towards him..and aiming for legs....how much force he used not mentioned...the boy got hit on face once was due to deflection from wall. 

There would be anger when your precious child got hurt...but should try verbal scolding...or ask to speak to the boy's parents instead...regardless of how the boy responded.

Btw some also joked the fine to govt is much more than compensation to the boy...haha.

His only daughter look sweet...yes...found some pics...in his wife's facebook...someone mentioned her name in hwz forum.

Edited by nixorn

Guest Kingdom

He seems over protective as any father would to his child.

Any looking at his physique and appearance, he looks the short tempered type.

Now using simultaneous equation, you get a protective parent who would react aggressive to a situation at the spur of the moment.

Lesson learn and hope the boy is not traumatized over this.

51 minutes ago, Guest Kingdom said:

Any looking at his physique and appearance, he looks the short tempered type.

At least this shows that he is not those macho mary who looks hunky but behaves sisterly

4 hours ago, Guest King kong jane said:

Nice sweaty chest

But scully... look like tarzen sound like jane.

Looks like he dressed inappropriately for a serious event with the sweat and unbutton shirt anyone has the full pic this photo looks cropped

bdsm-pimp-singapore-no-caningbdsm-pimp-singapore-no-caning

BDSM pimp jailed 4 years, fined S$2,000 but judge mindful not to give caning

December 6, 2016 

If you cane a BDSM pimp, is it considered punishment?

A 24-year-old man has been jailed for four years and fined S$2,000 on Dec. 1 after pleading guilty to 20 charges consisting of eight distinct crimes that broke four separate laws in Singapore, according to The Straits Times.

Wong Jun Siang, who is unemployed, was, however, not sentenced to caning by District Judge Jasvender Kaur.

Why this is so will be clear if you continue reading.

The court heard he had pimped a group of six women, aged between 17 and 22, to provide services that included bondage, discipline, sadism and masochism (BDSM).

The BDSM services comprised of caning, trampling on client’s private parts, getting clients to act as dogs and face-slapping.

He also sold soiled sanitary pads, bras, panties and socks belonging to the women.

His vice operation was advertised on online forums and websites.

He would take a 20 to 30 percent cut of the fees paid by customers.

Multi-tasker

Overall, his wide range of offences over 18 months included arranging a sham marriage, procuring a woman for the purpose of prostitution, living on the earnings of prostitution, recruiting a child for sexual exploitation, theft, criminal breach of trust, and cheating.

Wong also married a Vietnamese woman in return for S$5,000 from a Singaporean man.

He later falsely declared to the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority that the Vietnamese woman was staying with him, so that she could get a Visit Pass.

Wong and the man he took money from for marrying the Vietnamese woman also got into relationships with two of the 19-year-olds in his vice ring.

Wong also stole US$7,000 (S$10,011) from his girlfriend’s father.

He also arranged a sham marriage for another Vietnamese woman.

Therefore, not caning him is the best punishment.

Top photo by Singapore Police Force

2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Fucking desperates you bunch are. This fuck face also you all want! OMG. SIngapore got no better one meh?

He looks much handsome in person. The photo, as with many other photos involving other people, is a misrepresentation of him unfortunately.

• G_M changed the title to 4 months' jail for man who molested Scoot stewardess on board flight to Singapore
  • G_M locked, locked, locked and locked this topic
  • G_M locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.